Monday, February 17, 2014

I'm trying to find my swim suit but it's put away for winter. It is raining and since all this snow will be melting and warming up I figure we will be able to swim in the backyard! We are also supposed to get freezing rain and then 1-3 inches of more snow! The little bit of snow we expected Friday turned out to be 5 1/2". This is just too much.

We had a nice weekend. Grandson had a basketball game and he played really well, as did the whole team. Then dropped in to the customer appreciation day with my SU demo. Sunday was a good day to watch the Olympics.  We did a couple of errands, ate dinner out and back home. Today it is just staying in because of the weather. I feel like such a wimp when I see all those athletes skiing, snowboarding, ice skating and all the audience watching in the snow in Russia. Why can't I just adjust to this cold. My feet have been cold since November! Today's card is one I made a long time ago. I needed a sympathy card so I pulled this out of my stash to send. Seems like I have sent more sympathy cards in the past year than ever and already needed two this year.  Be kind to one another.

 
This didn't photograph well. (Maybe it's me). Cream cardstock and green mat. The flower is embossed in white and sponged around it with green, then mounted on black cardstock.
 

7 comments:

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Nice card.....and fun technique...must try that sometime.

It's snowing here...4-6 inches today. Yes, I think we have had enough snow, but then it will melt and then comes the rain and for sure we will be flooded outs. Where does all this water go to when it melts and they say the frost has gone down 5-6 feet and water pipes are bursting....such a bad winter.

Not looking forward to the thaw as our roof will start leaking into the kitchen then........so let it snow a little longer I guess. At least till we can get the roof fixed.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh yes...the olympics have been fun to watch...my favorite is ice skating. So glad the Americans got a gold....good for them.

Emily Keaton said...

My feet have been cold since November, too!! Seems I live the whole year in my cozy SmartWool socks just to seem somewhat comfy :)

We are getting snow--again!! Six or 7 inches last Thursday, 4 inches early Sunday, and now it's Tuesday and we've been getting snow since 11 a.m. Wow, what a winter!!

Your sympathy card is just perfect--exactly what a sympathy card *should* be.

Stay warm!

MaryH said...

Brenda, it's lovely. I like this technique (Stamp tv has an old video like this one- lo, maybe 2 yrs or so ago too). I think this is really pretty the way you've done it and you reminded me of the technique. Hope the blogger problems soon go by-bye, can just guess it's so frustrating. I'm still having to retype occasionally because my comment will just disappear. Also getting some error messages when I go to create a post, but it still creates - so far! Good luck with your swim. We have had 2 days of warm sunshine - for which I am most thankful. Hugs & TFS such a pretty card.

Marybeth said...

Simply beautiful Brenda! I have a hard time photographing greens and reds. Funny about your swimsuit. Hope you warm up.

Brenda said...

Oh Brenda, I love this card! It is clean and simple and just beautiful! I will be needing my swim suit too, good thing I know where it is as I've been using it for that hot tub. lol I can't get used to this years bitter cold either and I tell you my Lupus arthritis isn't liking it either! Hugs, Brenda

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh that is so fabulous. Love the colors and the beautiful image.