Saturday, March 29, 2014

I took a break from stamping. I was very discouraged that I couldn't make the cards in the online class. An online blogger  http://thecrookedstamper.blogspot.com.au/ set me "straight",  so to speak. She tells it like it is and I love that. Anyway, she made a good point. We did learn a lot and can use that on the cards we make ourselves. And she is so right. I will use the techniques and I'm truly happy I took the class and will continue to take classes online.

So today I made a card to welcome our new neighbors. Our friends moved in Thursday and are getting settled in. I will pop this in the mail Monday. It's a simple card but took me a long time to get it right. I think the welcome is on pretty straight. I drew a line and set the letters on that!! Can you hear the choir - Hallelujah.  Hey, whatever works. Then I had to figure out how to make a frame. It was easy. So I feel better and am back on track.

Be kind to one another and don't be so hard on yourself. That is from Darnell. She made me feel better too. 


 

4 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

This is such a cute card, Brenda! And so sweet of you to welcome your new neighbors! I'm sure they will appreciate it! I love the little framed image and the clouds!!!

Colleen said...

Brenda, I just got caught up in your stories...I don't think what you have is fatal *wink...just eyeball things and let it go! You have been learning new techniques and that is wonderful...keep your mind active and thinking, that has to be good, right? This is a wonderful welcoming card for your friends...so glad you will have someone close by to you! Take care!

Brenda said...

I'm glad that you are back Brenda! And I'm glad that you didn't give up. Even when things don't turn out like we want them too-and it happens to all of us-we still learn and grow from it. You have to just learn your style and stick with that for a while, you can always challenge yourself to try something new but it doesn't mean you have to stick with it if it isn't your thing. Now I am totally loving this card!! That house image is fabulous and I love the clouds. You did fabulous with this one Brenda, and yes, your welcome is straight-this is something we all struggle with!! lol Hugs

Darnell said...

I'm so glad you came back, Brenda. Sometimes a little break helps us get over ourselves and put things in their proper perspective. It's all for fun. I mean we can't help but be a little critical of ourselves and even sometimes a little jealous of the ease with which card art seems to come for some people, but we just have to shake off those feelings when they land on our shoulders and refocus on just having fun practicing, practicing, practicing our craft! Big hugs, Darnell