Monday, April 28, 2014

My heart goes out to the people in the south who have been impacted by the tornadoes yesterday and today. They are still marching along, so I hope everyone will listen and take cover.

I want to thank all my friends online. You always make me feel better and not alone in my aging process! You know, it is not anything life threatening, just little annoyances that mess up your day. I am blessed that I have been so well all these years.

I finished the card for my granddaughter's birthday. It is simple and I know she will like it for that reason. I don't know what that text says but she probably will. One of the things she is considering
is language translation and is good at it. She had her first college visit last Wednesday. She really hasn't been interested in doing that until now and doesn't want to go very far away. Be kind to one another.



5 comments:

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Hi Brenda.....glad you are feeling better, you most certainly are not alone in the aging process....I only wish I had listened when my mother told me about her aches and pains....but I just did not have time....to busy living!!!

Well good news, you were my 2nd place winner in celebration of going on 7 years of blogging.....so if you would like to receive the gift just email me with your address and I'll send you my gift give away.

Like your card.....I just got some new stamps I ordered last week in the mail today....I am anxious to use them tonight after I am done here....have a great night and Congratulations!!!!

Cathy said...

Love the colours and textures of the eiffel tower diecut, looks great with the twine and charm. I'm sure your granddaughter will love this card, Cathy x

Darnell said...

And what a beautiful card you made with your found objects, Brenda! She will treasure this always!! Good luck to her in the collection selection process! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda said...

Wow Brenda, this is a beautiful card! I love the tower die, and oh my those charms are amazing. I love that you used the tower charm too. It might be a CAS card, but it sure is a beautiful one! I'm sure your granddaughter will adore it! Good for her for wanting to go into langage translation. My youngest is going to college in the fall and he is sticking close to home too. Only 2 1/2 hours away. I hope your granddaughter finds a college close to home to attend. Hugs

MaryH said...

you know I've seen that die, and wondered what would I do with it! I LOVE how you' ve used it here, and how special this will be for your grndtr and her interests. I'm clapping my hands that she wants to stay close by. Good for her. Your card is very pretty and you did a fantastic job at using the die, the charms & the French script. I'm thankful to have found you as an 'online' friend too. It's great to have folks encourage when you're not feeling a bit down - which happens to us all. Take care. Hugs &TFS