Friday, January 9, 2015

Never-Before-Used-Schtuff (Stamps, Dies, EFs, etc.)


Hello from the polar vortex. I think everyone is freezing or having unusual cold for their area. I, for one, am tired of this extreme cold and ready for it to leave. It did keep me in my craft room and I got a valentine made. It is also a shaker card of sorts. The sequins are between two acetate sheets so they don't really move but you can see them. Then it is popped up on foam. The word love is a sequin too. The arrow is a Lil Inker die and the xo is PSX. I am going to enter this for http://www.djkardkreations.com/ NBUS. My goal this year was to use all my NBUS. Then I had an order to send  in. It wasn't for stamps tho but I did include two dies in my order and now I NEED the SSS Sending and Wishing stamp set. I need it. Be kind to one another and keep cozy warm.

I just saw the the challenge on http://colorthrowdown.blogspot.com/ is red, white and black. I'm excited that I met the criteira and I'm going to post this card there too.

13 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Lovely CAS card Brenda! Hazel x

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the heart and the fun design!! I'm so ready for the cold to go, too. Hurry up spring!! Have a wonderful weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mrs A. said...

Gosh Valentines day! Soon be upon us. Your card is super CAS. Love the design and the shaker heart. Brewing up a storm here in the UK Winds of 113mph expected over the next 4 days. Scotland has already been hit with them. Crafting days me thinks so long as the power doesn't go off. hugs Mrs A.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there Brenda,
A great creative space today! sorry it sooo cold lovely here - but what fab card.
Thanks so much for popping over :D
Shaz in Oz.x

{Shaz in Oz – my personal blog}

Greta said...

Love your Valentine, Brenda! I understand the "need" thing--LOL!

Colleen said...

Cute valentine card, Brenda! Hey, you only live once, go for it...and as long as you continue to play at Darnell's blog NBUS, no worries, you will make use of all your stamps and dies! Have a great week!!

MaryH said...

Brenda, this is so cute! I enjoyed reading your post, about the last order that you just had to place! I was just as guilty last night, when I got an email from Blitzy with some Die'sire dies at a good price. I was resolved just as you were! What weak sisters we are, eh???But sometimes you just gotta do what makes you happy. I'm hoping you & DH don't have to get out in this cold. Your craft room time was so productive, because you certainly turned out a great card, and how fantastic that you could use a NBUS. I'm trying to get things caught up, so that I can play in the NBUS challenge, but oh, is it going slow! Have a great Sunday, stay warm, and I'm off to read your earlier post. Big hugs, and TFS

Darnell said...

Have you warmed up any over the weekend? I hope so! I think you did a great job with your sequined Valentine and I can't wait to see what you create with the other NBUS you've got on order! Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge #3, Brenda! Good job entering the Color Throwdown challenge, too! I hope you are able to stay inside out of the cold! Hugs, Darnell

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet Valentine's Day card Brenda. Love the super cute shaker heart and the arrow. I need to use my NBUS too. I have way too many of those... Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Joan Ervin said...

How cute with the shaker heart and the fun sentiment!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!!!

Broni said...

What a fun Valentine's Day card! Thanks so much for joining us for the Color Throwdown this week!

Brenda said...

This is a super cute CAS Valentine Brenda! I love the star and heart shaped sequins and I think you blew me away with the "love" sequin! Didn't know there were word sequins. Arrows are so in right now, so it is perfect on your card and your sentiment is perfect! Hugs, Brenda

papayoung said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.