Thursday, March 26, 2015

I'm sorry I've been gone so long. I didn't have all the tax documents I needed. This was the first year I had to take money from an IRA and I didn't have the 1099R. Had to call, then take the form back to tax preparer, then go back and pick up the completed forms, then bring home and have DH sign and take them back. That's all I did Mon, Tue and Wed. I'm so glad to have that done. I have also been talking to Nursing Homes and asking questions. I need some help and hope I can get DH to go to day care three days a week. He said he didn't want to go before but I think the time has come that he needs to. He wants to go to bed every day at 2 pm. He needs some stimulation and to talk to other people. He just wants to sit and watch his videos. He is bored and that makes him tired. I do see him drift off during the day and that is new. So I'm trying to work out what we can do that will be good for him and not upset him too much. I don't want to eat dinner at 3 pm!

This is the first day I have made a card and I need to get busy. Easter is sneaking up on me and I have done nothing. This is my first Easter card and it came out nothing like I pictured in my head. I used an old PSX stamp that I think is an NBUS and a NBUS Simon Says die called Woodland rectangular frame. So I am going to play in djkardkreations.com NBUS challenge. It is to use you're "never before used stuff". Be kind to one another.




9 comments:

Sue - said...

What a lovely bright Easter card. Hope you manage to find some suitable day care for hubby - not an easy task.

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card!! I love the frame and the fabulous sentiment!! I hope you able to get things worked out for you hubby. Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

Cute Easter card Brenda...I am a little behind too. Hope you find a remedy for hubby.
Louise

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card...nicely done!
I can so relate to your post. I had to do the same thing this year. I couldn't believe all the paper work and hassle I had to do...and in my case...for so little money!

Greta said...

I absolutely love that die & it's perfect with that beautiful stamp! My thoughts are with you, Brenda, as you look for a solution to help both of you. I know it's so difficult. I'm way late getting Easter cards made, too. Guess some people will be getting friendship cards since I have quite a few of those in my stash. Hugs, Greta

Darnell said...

Your Easter card is so pretty, Brenda! Thank you so much for entering it in my NBUS Challenge #4!! I am not even doing them this year with everything else going on. Sometimes we just need to give ourselves permission to take a break, right?!

I'm glad you got that whole tax thing sorted out and I'm praying for you that you are able to make some suitable arrangements for DH to get him some outside stimulation. You know I'm pulling for you, my friend!! Big hugs, Darnell

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OH this is so fabulous

Brenda said...

Tax stuff is just a pita Brenda and I feel for you having to run around like that. I hope hubby goes to day care for you, it would be good for him and for you. It's so hard to give care around the clock like you have been doing. My prayers are always with you and hubby as well as my thoughts. I love your Easter card and even though it didn't turn out the way you thought, it is still beautiful and you got to play in the NBUS challenge!! That frame is gorgeous and I love how you colored your stamped image in. I'm here for you if you need to talk!! Hugs, Brenda

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Just doing some catch up Brenda and praying to the LORD Who is all wise for you for a solution with DH it can be hard....
See it with my dad, although he is very ill too, not just bored.
Thanks for being a friend too and popping over when I haven't blogged much, hugs and every blessing, Shaz,x