Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Faye and DH got on wonderfully yesterday. They talked and laughed and had a great time. Another Friday lady cancelled on us this past week. She had to have her car towed so they sent another lady at the last minute. She was very nice and DH got along with her too. I don't know if she will be our regular Fri. gal or not. Yeasterday Faye did a few chores for me and I went in my craft room. I got to make a few phone calls and finally got to make a bokeh card. I think I didn't use dark enough colors on the background and let me pass on a tip that probably everyone knows but me. When you are pouncing the white ink through the stencil make sure to lift the stencil, clean the other side and move it. I drug it sometimes and there was white ink underneath and it smeared in a few places. So now we all know that! I do like the technique and will do it again. I got the sweetest card in the mail yesterday from Martha, the friend who had leukemia. She thanked me for all the cards I sent her but this was for Bill and I. I was so touched that after all she went through she thought of me. I'm showing you both of them and you'll know which is which! Be kind to one another.



7 comments:

Lisa said...

Your bokeh card looks fabulous!! You did a great job with the technique!! And what a beautiful card from your friend!! I'm glad your husband is getting along with the helpers so that you can take time for yourself. Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well with the ladies helping your husband and you. Like that Bokeh effect and the card sent to you is lovely.
Louise

Nessa's Crafty Place said...

Yey Brenda-you did it!Your Bokeh looks fabulous :) and it made a pretty background for your lovely Summer themed card.
Have a good week-love and hugs to you both.
Nessa xxxx

Darnell said...

Both cards are beautiful! Well done on your bokeh card, Brenda! I appreciate the tip as that is one technique that I have yet to try. I think the soft colors are really pretty! Your friend is, indeed, one of the angels and her card of thanks to you is stunning! I hope she stays well.

Happy 4th! Don't go out and play in the street anymore with the hammer and pop crackers. You know you can't get up and dart out of the way of the cars like you used to could! You're welcome. You just stay up on the sidewalk with the rest of the kids and don't bang your thumb!! Love and hugs, Darnell

Greta said...

You beat me to getting a Bokeh card done & I love what you did, Brenda! Oh my--the card your friend sent is breathtaking & the quote is so wonderful. So glad Bill & the caregivers are getting along--finally what you needed! Enjoy the 4th!

MaryH said...

Well, thanks for the tip...cuz I didn't know it either! And wouldn't have thought of it, until I did the same as you did! Your Bokeh looks just fab and you should be pleased with it. I like these delicate soft colors..looks like a beginning night sky, while the sunset is still hovering and not totally gone. Or else a very early sunrise when things are all gray & pinks. Well done. I have yet to try this technique. Looks like fun. Loved your sweet card for Bill too. You have a caring friend, who appreciates your encouragement. TFS & hugs.

Brenda said...

That is fabulous that hubby is getting along with the ladies Brenda! That has to ease your mind a lot. Thanks for the bokeh tip, I've yet to try this technique out, although it has been on my list to try. I just love how your turned out! You think your background is too light, but I don't. The white spots show up well, the colors you used are perfect too. I just love it! Your friends card is just beautiful. Bless her heart for sending you and hubby this sweet card when she is going through so much herself. Hugs, Brenda