Saturday, November 14, 2015

Prayers going out for Paris. When will this end?

The hospital called us Wed. night and said they had to adjust DH meds because he said he was going to shoot them. So he's not quite there yet. My sil and I went yesterday to see him. We were in a different room this time and they brought him in first, then came and got us. He was in a wheelchair this time and he was dressed. I don't know whose clothes they were as the nursing home didn't send any clothes with him. He smiled again when he saw me. He talked the entire time we were there but it was in a loop. Same stories over and over but he talked and stayed awake the whole time and seemed more alert than last time. My sons and I have a meeting with his doctor there on Monday. We have some questions about treatment and what they expect.

I made this card for Thanksgiving using a Cuttlebug embossing folder, Lawn Fawn mice and glitter paper for the pumpkin. The background is DCWV paper. I inked over the e/f to make it visible.  I didn't make fall cards like I thought I would. I still have hopes to get started. Be kind to one another.


6 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Hope your visit with the consultants will help give you some answers. Dad was stuck in the same loop of stock stories to tell, all relating back to when he first met Mum. Stay strong. Thinking of you constantly. Hugs Mrs A.

Lisa said...

I hope you and your sons are able to get everything worked out with your husband's treatment. I'm glad you were able to visit with him. Your card is adorable!! Those little mice are so sweet!! Awesome papers, too!! Thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers. Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Greta said...

Glad he was awake for this visit & not agitated with you. Hopefully they can get just the right doses & combination of meds for him. Your card is beautiful--love the glittery pumpkin & inking the ef was a great idea! Thinking of you, my friend!

Darnell said...

Your fall card is warm and lovely, Brenda, just like a fall card should be! I'm glad you did a bit of creating! Other than the loop, it sounds like Bill is doing well and looking well and that's a good thing. Of course, the threats aren't good, poor dear, but hopefully they can find the right medicine cocktail to level him off from being too aggressive or too paranoid. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, my friend. Always. I hope you have a satisfactory meeting on Monday! Hugs, Darnell

Sharyn Polesel said...

What a sweet card! Those little mice are adorable! Sorry your hubby is still having problems, but he is where he needs to be. Praying that they will get him leveled off soon. Hugs, my friend!

MaryH said...

This is adorable. Like the way you've emphasized the background letters of the EF. And those tiny mice are just so fun. (I have that set, NBUS). Hope that things will improve as time passes. Courage. Glad you felt like doing a little creating. Good job! Hugs