Wednesday, July 6, 2016

We had such a lovely week of weather last week and yesterday the heat and humidity was back and today is thunder storms and heavy rain.  A good day to craft. One cannot run the vacuum when there is lightning! I had a nice time at my son's for the holiday and we had a beautiful fireworks display on Monday evening in our neighborhood.  Todays card is for my stash. I'm trying to make some ahead just to have to say hello or thinking of you. Very simple - just emboss a background stamp and add distress ink with a die cut hello. I added a few tiny little punched out flowers. If you emboss a whole panel, then use just a portion of it, you can color it in any color and it goes farther. Since I used a snippet of the embossed panel I will drop into Di's http://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2016/07/pixies-snippets-playground-week-236.html#comment-form.   I would like to welcome a new follower, Megan. Her blog is https://merrycardcorner.blogspot.co.uk. Be kind to one another.


7 comments:

Greta said...

Glad you had a nice time with your son, Brenda. How fun to have a fireworks show in your area--I love seeing them in person, but we never go where we can anymore. Absolutely gorgeous card which I intend to CASE! Who makes the hello die--it's a great one!

MaryH said...

So good to hear your holiday was spent with family and that you had a good time. Love this bright & cheery card. The colors sing summertime, and of course the dimensional greeting would be appropriate for many occasions. Nice touch to add the tiny flowrs & pearls. Great work. TFS & Hugs

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Brenda!! I love the embossed panel and the colors you used!! It looks amazing!! I'm glad you had a wonderful time at your son's house for the holiday!! We had a heck of a storm today...strong winds and torrential downpours on and off for most of the morning. Now the sky is blue and the sun is shining!! Have a great day my friend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Di said...

As Greta says, that's a really great Hello die - beautifully used with the lovely backing panels you cleverly created! Super card!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda said...

Wow, I am so loving this panel on your card Brenda! I love the effect distress inks give and they are so easy to work with. You big cheery hello die cut is perfect as well. This card has a bold and dramatic look to it's CAS design and I just love it! Glad to hear that you had such a great evening at your son's house. That is what it is all about! Hugs my friend, Brenda

Colleen said...

I love that BIG HELLO die cut too!! It just pops right off the page! Wonderful background colors too!!

Darnell said...

Those colors look so pretty together and with the kraft card base, Brenda! It's a fab design and perfect for making two or three cards with one panel! I'm so glad you had a lovely 4th of July weekend and I hope the weather calms down and cools off soon! Love and hugs, Darnell