Friday, August 25, 2017

I went to my friend Marilyns yesterday and it reminded me of something I wnted to share. Have you ever had Cookie Butter? It is like peanut butter and comes in a jar like that in the peanut butter aisle.  It is by Biscoff (like the cookies) and I can't tell you how good it is especially on toast. The reason going to Marilyns made me think of it is because we had lunch at Olive Garden and they have cookie butter cake! I don't know how widespread Olive Garden is but if you have one you need to try this cake. That's the only place I've seen it so far. It is sinful for sure. Since I'm on a roll I will tell you Carmel Apple Pie gelato by Talenti in the ice cream aisle is out of this world. Perhaps I'm spending too much time shopping in the grocery store! Just to help you out, it comes in a plastic pint jar with a screw on lid.

Moving on. My card today is just a fun one that I may use for granddaughter's birthday even though it doesn't say that on the front. I will put a sentiment inside. It is a Sunny Studio sentiment and turtle with a Simon Says Stamp wave stencil. The awesome is a Waffle Flower die.  Be kind to one another and if you are on the coast of Texas, please be safe.


12 comments:

Liz said...

The cookie butter cake and the Carmel Apple Pie gelato sounds delicious, Brenda. It's just as well I've never seen it in the UK as I'm sure it's not calorie-free! LOL!

What a fun card! Lovely background and I love the sentiment. xx

Lisa said...

What a fun card!! I love the adorable turtle and the background!! The sentiment is perfect!!

I've never heard of cookie butter but now I want to try it!! We have an Olive Garden in town and I'll have to try that cake!! Yum!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mia said...

What a beautiful card! I love sea turtles, Brenda! Beautiful sea background! Kisses, my friend.

Greta said...

Oh yum--now I'm craving cake! No Olive Garden here, but they aren't too far away. Fortunately I've never heard of that gelato, so hopefully we don't have that brand--haha! I'd weigh 500 pounds! Such a cute card--love that stencil for the background! Big hugs, Greta

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, a very cute card, love the wavy background. Never heard of cookie butter down under, sounds like an acquired taste. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

JenniferE said...

Great card! Cute sentiment and love the waves!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute card you made there. And, you sure are tempting one with all those fantastic foods. Not sure we have those in our area that I know of though.

pam said...

Wonderful card design Brenda, love the cute image and background.
Pam x

Darnell said...

Haha, I love your turtley awesome punny card, Brenda, and if you change your mind about your granddaughter, any of us would love it! I would chat more but I suddenly remembered I need to go to the grocery store ... Hugs, Darnell

Colleen said...

I love your stories! I will have to chekc out the ice cream aisle and yes we have Olive Garden here!! I am back and playing along with the SAF over at PTI...that keeps me busy all day and into the night, hardly any time to make comments, there is a new video every two hours! I have so much to catch up on, but wanted to make a quick stop here to let you know I am thinking about you and glad you are in the happy frame of mind!! heart Hugs, Col

Sue said...

Aww, that is super cute, Brenda! LOVE the punny sentiment xx

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is such a sweet card. I love that little turtle and your watery background.