Friday, January 12, 2018

Thank you all so very much for the get well wishes. They are so uplifting. I am home now from the ER. My son took me Sunday afternoon and I came home Wed. evening. It was not pneumonia like they said at Immediate Care, but a lung infection. The hospital was overwhelmed with flu and pneumonia patients and I stayed in the ER for 24 hours before a room was available. Had lots of antibiotics and meds pumped into me and breathing tests done. I came home with the same cough I went in with and hope to be able to get rid of it soon. It is impacting my breathing but it will pass. My energy is so low I have to rest between walking from room to room but I can tell it is getting better. Last night was my first good nights sleep. No sleep in the hospital, I think that may be a written rule. It is part of patients rights! Just a heads up for anyone going to the ER - my hospital no longer gives out those little pacts of kleenex and lotion and tooth brush and tooth paste. Don't ask how I know this.

I am being well taken care of. My SIL and granddaughter have gotten me groceries and took trash out and mail in. Right now the windows are completely iced in and snow is expected all day so I am not going anywhere. Poor Molly has had a rough week too. My son took her home with him Sunday. They have two big dogs so she was kept busy but did not sleep at night. She paced and whined looking for me. She has been sleeping so hard since we got back home.

My goal this week is to participate in Darnell's new Twofer Challenge. I have been looking forward to it and now don't have the umpf to make the cards. I hope you all get a chance to join in. I missed you all so much and probably won't go back and try to catch up but I will be visiting as soon as I can. Be kind to one another and wear a paper mask if you go out. The flu is everywhere.

12 comments:

Liz said...

Sorry to hear you've been in hospital for a few days, Brenda. Glad you're home now where you can get some proper sleep. I'm sure Molly is pleased to have you home too. Hope you'll soon be feeling better. I hope you manage to join in Darnell's new Twofer challenge. xx

Lisa said...

Oh gosh, Brenda, I'm so glad you are home now and on the mend. Molly, too. The flu is everywhere. It impossible to go anywhere and not hear people hacking. This has been a rough year for it. I hope you continue to feel much better. It's snowing like crazy here so I'm in for the weekend. Thinking of you and sending get well hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Cathy said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend Brenda, take care and take it easy, Cathy x

Greta said...

Good weather to stay inside & get well! Stay safe & warm, my friend--so glad you & Molly are home together now! I know soon you'll be up to making cards again & we'll be waiting to see them!

Di said...

I'd been wondering how you were Brenda - and am glad you got medical treatment in hospital but bet you (and Molly) are so pleased you're back home. Stay warm and here's hoping each day sees an improvement.

Love and hugs

Di xx

Colleen said...

OMG when it rains it pours! You are blessed to have such loving, caring and kind family to help you out! I am so glad you are home, not only for you, but for Molly too! Darnell's challenge goes for two weeks, so you have plenty of time and if it doesn't work out for this one, there will be many others you can join in on, so just lay low and take it easy!! Heart Hugs my friend! Feel better soon!!

Sharyn Polesel said...

So sorry to hear that you have been sick. I'm glad you are home and Molly too. She must have been wondering what was going on. Take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon!

Sue said...

Oh Brenda, I'm sorry to hear you've been so unwell and poor Molly too. Good that you are being looked after well and I hope you feel better very soon. In my thoughts and prayers xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Well, I sure hope you will be soon feeling great again. In the meantime, don't worry about visiting other blogs if you are not up to it. Just concentrate on resting and healing for now. You can always return to visiting in the future. And, I am sure you are missing making cards but we know that sometimes takes energy too. I know I have been there and found that out when I was recuperating.

Megan J said...

Hi Brenda, hope this finds you and Molly well rested and feeling a whole heap better, I don't tend to worry about visiting blogs when I have a severe pain day(s) I'm sure that no one minds at all, best to put your effort into getting well again... Not sure about our local hospital but one of my Aunts is involved with her local hospital and either Quota or some other organisation she is involved with make up toiletries bags for hospital patients which are handed out as needed... Have a lovely weekend... Megan

cotnob said...

I'm so pleased to hear that you are home safe and sound Brenda and pleased to hear that you think things are improving. It makes so much difference getting a good nights sleep - I hope you continue to improve and make a full and speedy recovery, take care.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Brenda said...

Well a lung infection isn't any better than the pneumonia Brenda! But I am thankful they figured it out and I'm thankful that your son took you into the ER. My girlfriend had a bad lung infection in both her lungs too so I know what you are going through. I'm also thankful for your family in helping you around the house and with Molly. I'm sure she missed you terribly and is glad to be back home with you. We haven't gotten to much snow, just dusting's to 2 inches each snow storm. Not like us at all, but I will take it. Glad you are staying in when it snows. I hope you are able to make some cards soon my friend. Yes the flu is everywhere so you be careful and not catch it!!! Big hugs, Brenda